Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Large format on the street


There's an old school lot in Hamilton where I try and make a photo now and again. You need real patience to shoot here because there's not a lot of people around. The day I shot Ron I waited about two and a half hours for someone to come by that I could photograph. It really tests your faith that there's a picture out there. 

My friend Stuart often says, "If you wait five minutes you'll get a gift". I repeat this to myself each time I'm out shooting. 

Even with the lack of portrait subjects, I've never been hung out to dry as someone always seems to walk by just as I'm giving up.

Maybe I should give up sooner and get on with it. LOL

-Rob Skeoch


This is how the area looks. The 4x10 is ready to shoot.


This is a portrait of Ron done from the camera angle shown above, using the new Nikkor 120mm.


On an earlier visit, I shot Anthony, Nick, and Jason near the school with the 210mm.

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Master of Fine Arts Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. Cig Harvey is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton. 

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com 

My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment