Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sony NEX 6 with Sony Zeiss 24mm f1.8


I've noticed a lot of people in this area taking photographs. Everywhere you look you see someone with a phone out, or a point and shoot. I've even noticed a number of people with the full-sized digital SLR style cameras. I don't know how you can travel with those any longer.

If I was off doing assignment work, or shooting sports, or even shooting a wedding for the day, then yes I would carry a SLR, but for traveling... they're way to large, heavy, bulky and a pain to haul around.

The compact system camera is the way to go. Two cameras and four lenses fit into a Billingham Hadley bag. I've even got room for a very small table tripod, small flash, cards and a water bottle. And for after dinner when just going to the pub for a pint, I grab the NEX 6 and the Zeiss 24 and that's all. It fits in my coat pocket. 

I just can't haul the digital SLR style around when traveling anymore. It takes up too much room.

These were shot in Cork with the NEX 6 and Zeiss 24mm f1.8.

-Rob Skeoch



Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Master of Fine Arts Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com 

My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment