Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Carl Zeiss Distagon 2,8/12mm Touit


The Sony NEX 6 uses an APS size sensor, so does the Fuji X Pro system, and with either camera the new Zeiss Touit 12mm f2.8 is a great combo.... but it is wide.

On the APS sensor, the 12mm is like using an 18mm on a full-frame camera. I do own an 18mm in the Leica M-mount but don't use it that often because I find it just too wide.

On the NEX, the new 12mm is wide and takes a bit of getting used to before you make any good images. I've found with this shot of the two boys about to play soccer, I shot a bit wide and ended up cropping in a bit. I'm fine with cropping but was surprised that I had to do it.

The two shots in the church are the full frame. They seem to work fine but I had more time to compose, setup and move around then the shot with the boys walking down the street.

It's a fun lens, I'm enjoying it, but not used to it yet.

-Rob Skeoch








Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Master of Fine Arts Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses including the new Zeiss Touit lenses for the Sony NEX and Fuji X Pro is www.rangefinderstore.com 

My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment