Sunday, March 3, 2013

Going to church with the Sony RX1


While I was walking around Kenilworth in Hamilton yesterday I noticed one of the old church's had a Vietnamese service on Sunday's so today I headed over to see how it was.

These Alter Boys were discussing how they were going to manage the service while one of the parents offered a few tips to his daughter.

These were shot with the Sony RX1 full-frame camera that I borrowed. It's a great camera, I'm enjoying it as much as my M9 and I've only used it two days.




I continue to walk into the small shops and chat with the owners and see if I can make a photo. This is Mike who owns Mike's Vintage Barber Shop, which might just be the smallest barber shop I've ever seen, plus he's only open Sundays. The rest of the week he works at a high price salon in the other end of town, but he still likes to work his own customers from his own shop. Mike doesn't use email, so I'll make him a print and drop it off when I check up on the shop next week.


Walking the street this morning it was -10 outside. It was just as cold yesterday. There aren't many people outside in this weather but one of the great things about Ontario is you can't smoke in any buildings, stores or businesses. So even though it's freezing out, people are always out having a smoke. In Cuba the men are out joking with friends and playing dominos. There's no dominos in Hamilton, but people are out for a smoke break, which gives you a couple minutes to say hello and try for a photo.


This is me in action, I used to answer to the name Rob, but now I'm know as two-glove since I'm always wearing two pairs of gloves. At least the RX1 controls can be changed with two pairs of gloves on.

-Rob Skeoch

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters in Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College.

Peter Turnley is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton.

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com
My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment