Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The coffeeshop across the street


The documentary I'm working on is on Hamilton, Ontario. A few of the people I've met are at the New Hope Bike Co-op and most of the photographs recently have been in that area. The people who live there call it a "gritty" part of town, and I think they're right.

William lives in the complex next to the shop and I asked him if I could take his photo. He decided to have a smoke outside on the neighbors house and his friend Ab came over and had a smoke as well.


Tim is the owner of the BBQ Restaurant down the street from the shop. With free refills on coffee, people will spend most of the day at the cafe reading the paper and drinking coffee. The great thing about the cafe is the huge front window that floods the place with light.


-Rob Skeoch

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters in Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College.

Peter Turnley is one of my current one-on-one mentors this semester and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton.
My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com 

My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment