Thursday, February 21, 2013

Making new friends on Chinese New Years


It's hard as a photographer to invite yourself into a person's house and start taking photos. At least I've found it hard.

I did get myself invited into Xin and Susan's house for Chinese New Years the other day. Xin and Susan have been living in the area for a while but Susan's parents came over from Beijing for New Years and made dinner. My wife and I got invited over for the dinner and had a chance to meet her parents. I think I drank 20 cups of tea before the meal was over, but they are rather small cups.

The dinner was very interesting, the food was great and the conversation was lively... and Susan did a great job interpreting. 





-Rob Skeoch

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters in Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College.

Peter Turnley is one of my current one-on-one mentors for this semester and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton.

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com

My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment