Thursday, July 21, 2011

Using the M9 with the Zeiss 85mm in open shade

I like to shoot with wide angles when using a rangefinder camera. I don't know why, they just seem set up for short lenses. The focus works great and the viewfinder is easier to view through.
When I travel I usually take along my longer lens, the Zeiss 85mm f4, but most days I leave it in the bag.

At the local
Blues and Western Concert I had a chance to walk right up to the stage and shoot a few with the 85mm on my M9.

I found that I really had to concentrate to get the pictures in focus and the correct exposure. Harder than I usually work when using a dSLR.

I think the effort worked out and these three images worked well.


Rob Skeoch
My retail store for rangefinder photo supplies is http://www.rangefinderstore.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment