Thursday, August 5, 2010

Clifton Hill is ground zero for tacky... and I love it


I was looking for a crowd to photograph so I headed down to Clifton Hill at Niagara Falls hoping to make some photographs on the street. Jason from Daymen Photo joined me in the falls with his fancy Leica M8. (I'm just jealous, that's all)

The area was packed, as you would expect on a weekend in the summer.

My project was to take the tackiest photo I could. I played around with the Zeiss Ikon with a 35mm but also shot a roll on the Pentax 645. It's tough doing street photography with such a loud camera..... mothers grab their children off the street when it goes off..... but the auto focus is a nice feature.

I shot a fair amount without looking through the viewfinder, counting on the camera to get the focus and exposure. It was fun to be out shooting with friends while running a couple rolls through the camera.

If you're looking for a Zeiss Rangefinder camera or Zeiss lenses to put on your Leica you can find them at my store.

Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment