Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fancy footwork with the Zeiss 100mm Makro


My neighbour had a baby girl this week. I've always loved those black and white close-ups of newborns so I asked her to bring the baby to the studio when she was up to it.

I shot a bit of digital and two rolls of Delta 100 using the Zeiss 100mm Makro on the Nikon F6 camera.

The digital camera has an auto-focus macro lens but I tend to switch to manual focus for real close-up work.

The Zeiss 100mm is strictly manual focus which suits me just fine. It's silky smooth to focus.

I had three hot lights on the left shinning through a large diffusion panel. I shot the photos around F5.6 at about 1/30 second. The camera was sitting on my old Gitzo tripod which I always come back to.

After making the prints I learned I have the Data Back on the camera turned on. The prints all have the time/date imprinted on them.... which would have been cool if the date was correct.

I'm not looking for perfection... just progress.

If you're looking for a Zeiss lens for your Canon, Nikon or Pentax you can get them at my shop.

Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment