Friday, March 7, 2014

Leica O Street Photography Getting out of the cold


How cold has this winter been? 

Wow let's be series. I love the winter but this is crazy and I'm out drifting around shooting long days on the street. I try and keep gloves on but there's no way you can change the  controls on the Leica O with gloves on. Just to get thawed out I headed into the Toronto Eaton Centre and tried to make a photo there. 

The framing on the camera is not dead on since there's no viewfinder but just the little window and rifle sight style for framing. I'm starting to get used to it but most photos require a number of attempts to get one that frames up just right.


Freezing on the street back in Chinatown.



-Rob Skeoch 

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters of Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

Norman Mauskopf is one of my mentors on a project that ties together street photography and a touch of the history of photography as I drift through Toronto using a Leica O camera that was designed in 1923. You can learn more about the Leica O here.

No comments:

Post a Comment