Saturday, March 8, 2014

Fighting Leukemia, even combing his hair is exhausting



My dad is fighting leukemia. He found out about the situation in the fall and has gone through rounds of chemo. Some days are better than others. At first he was living on his own, then with my sister and her family. Since Christmas he's been living at our place.

One thing you notice about my dad right away is the weight loss since he's become sick. He mentioned today that he's down 44 pounds since the start of this battle. 

So different from just months ago when he seemed to strong now he's fading away and the skin hangs over his bones.


You can see it easily in his face, like those haunting photos we've all seen from the holocaust. He's facing his own holocaust I guess as he battles this leukemia. It's stealing his strength, it's stealing my father.

He has little muscle left and has problems climbing the stairs or climbing into the shower. He needs to sit just to comb his hair.

In this photo he's been through three months of chemo and is in the darkest part of the six month program. At least that's what the cancer doctor tells us. 

-Rob Skeoch 

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters of Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

Cig Harvey is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on my father as he battles leukemia.

1 comment:

  1. A better gaming experience in NBA 2K22 will inspire players to buy NBA 2K22 MT.

    Attached link: https://www.gamems.com/nba-2k22-mt

    ReplyDelete