Monday, July 8, 2013

Street photography with large format


I'm back working on my documentary on Hamilton.

It's been tough to get out, and when I do get out, it seems to rain, which doesn't go well with a wood camera.

I usually shoot portraits on the street but found this empty used car lot and took a couple frames. I wanted to show the feeling of desolate that I felt standing in the empty lot.

I've been using Ilford Delta 100 film and processing it in ID-11 developer. It seems to be a nice combo and I'm happy with the technical results. I've tried a number of developer's over the years, mostly D-76 and TMAX liquid but I have no faith the Kodak will offer any products for photographers any more.

-Rob Skeoch
This is how things looked.

This was with the new Nikon 120mm

This was with the Schneider 210mm

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Master of Fine Arts Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. Cig Harvey is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton. Cig's work was just featured in American Photo magazine, including a mention on the cover.

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com 

My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment