Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My archive of Hamilton is starting to look like a documentary


I've been plugging away at these photos since January. It actually started in Toronto where I spent a couple days shooting on the street to see how it felt. In the end I thought Hamilton offered more of a challenge so I switched to the North End. After a few more weeks shooting, the project began to take on shape on Kenilworth Avenue in Hamilton. 

I had a lot of help from my mentor Peter Turnley on this project. If you ever have a chance to take one of Peter's workshops, just do it.
























-Rob Skeoch 

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters of Fine Arts Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College

Peter Turnley is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment