Friday, October 28, 2011

Sony A77 and the sweep panorama





When I first started working with Sony, everything we talked about was the in body stabilization. That was the feature they wanted to be know for.

Then they added the "sweep panorama" feature to the point and shoot line-up and eventually to the Alpha gear. The panorama became the feature to discuss because no other brand did it as well or as easily.

It's not a feature I use very often but for some reason took a number of them in this small village in southern Malawi.

These are done with the camera held sideways so they're not a full pano, but fill the frame nicely and have a very pleasing shape.

You know what, it's a great feature, and might be worth talking about.

Rob Skeoch
My retail store for traditional photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com
My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I'm looking to get the A77 when it comes out and being able to do panos out in the field without a laptop would be nice. I've tried it in the store,but due to low light, it didn't work too well, can't wait to give it a go in the sun.

    ReplyDelete