Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Pelican cases are a dream

I'm sitting in the terminal at Toronto airport waiting for a flight to Frankfurt, then on to South Africa and then to Malawi for an assignment.


I've made a number of changes in my workflow since the shoot last month in Haiti. Trying to streamline the travel process.



In Haiti I carried my clothes and some gear in a backpack and put the main gear in a Lowepro Nature Treaker backpack which I've used for years.


It worked well but Haiti was real dusty and some of the travel gear got wet when we chartered an old lobster boat to get back to the main island, so I decided to get new cases for my next trip.



I've heard it's dusty in Malawi as well so have upgraded to a Pelican 1510 case for my gear and carry on and a larger Pelican for the checked stuff.... clothes, tripods, batteries and chargers.



Both cases are dust and waterproof and both have wheels.


Now things are rolling along.



Rob Skeoch

No comments:

Post a Comment