Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sonnar 50mm f1.5 and the M9

While I was testing gear at the local music festival I shot a few images with my 50mm f1.5 Zeiss Sonnar on the Leica M9.

For the most part these shots are too loose and I switched to the 85mm f4 after a few shots. I thought the colours on the 50mm were very good and was happy with the sharpness.

The Zeiss Sonnar 50mm f1.5 is one of those lens that has a bit of a cult following. Some people really love the look of the images and use it every chance. Some people only use it wide open for that shallow depth of field, only the eyes are in focus effect. I'm not that sophisticated. I use it when I need a 50mm lens and usually stop down a bit.

I guess I'm not getting the most out of the lens and what it was built for, but I just don't get enough time to shoot.


Rob Skeoch
My retail store for rangefinder photo supplies is http://www.rangefinderstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment