Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trying out the Holga Pinehole

I ran across an interesting camera and decided to check it out. It's the Holga Wide Angle Pinhole. What a combination, I've always loved the pinhole look, and always wanted a Linhof Panorama. This is like the poor mans Linhof, since it uses no lens.

The first thing I did was try and figure out a useable shutter speed. My first shots are from a test of speeds ranging from one minute to four seconds. Once I figured out the basic exposure would be 8 seconds in full light, I was ready to play.

These shots are from a local home. The camera does a very wide image, but I was only able to print the centre part of it.

You can purchase these Holga cameras from Bigcameraworkshops.com

Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment