Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shooting with Pride

I'm trying to get out to more public events to make photographs.

The Pride weekend in Toronto is a huge event but I had never been, so decided to get a press pass and head down for the parade.

My theory with parades is that the best photos are in the staging area before they head out on the parade route. So this was my plan for Sunday. Shoot in the staging area where you can get close to the subjects and use a wide angle up close.

I wanted to travel with little gear so took a Zeiss Ikon rangefinder with a 35mm Zeiss Biogon lens and a digital camera for a few colour shots. I didn't shoot as much as I expected and found the 35mm lens too long for most of the shots.

The film was Ilford Delta 100 processed in ID-11 and printed on Ilford Multigrade RC paper.

Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment