Friday, March 19, 2010

Learning from mistakes

It's expensive to learn from your mistakes. Much cheaper to learn from my mistakes.


Last year I bought a film body from eBay. When I got it home I gave it a quick check over and thought it was alright.


When I picked it up and shot a few weeks back I learned that the shutter was sticking and un-useable at a number of speeds. It was way to late to go back to the eBay seller.


This week I bought a new camera from eBay. When it came in today I gave it a solid check over to make sure it was working like a new camera. I sent the film into the lab. If it doesn't work out I want to be right on top of it and get my money back.


I could post the photos but do you really want to see what my brick wall looks like?


Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment