Monday, February 22, 2010

Photos in the Mont-Blanc area


You'll have to look long and hard to find a more beautiful place than the French Alps. The day we were there the temperature reached 17 C and the hills were packed with snow, with storms at the top.

The Alps are thick with photos, and I hope to get at least one good one.

This was the first time I thought I needed a longer lens than the 70mm I had. The A550 has a APS sized cropped sensor so that makes the zoom lens a 105mm but it would have been nice to have a 70-200mm. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed hauling it around for two weeks though.

This was also the first time I felt I needed a polarizer filter. Should have brought one along, they don't take up much space and I already own one.

I did shoot a bit of black and white in this area as well, in a few weeks I'll see how those prints look.

Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment