Thursday, August 20, 2009

One might be enough


This is my best selling image.

I'm not sure you can really grasp the beauty of it at this size on a monitor but the silver print looks great.
It was taken just as you come out of the tunnel in Zion National Park in Utah.

I was on a week long shoot with a bunch of other photographers a few years back.

As I came out of the tunnel I saw their cars parked along the side of the road and stopped to see what was up.

Someone mentioned there was a nice shot just down the trail, near the wall. I loaded up my backpack and tripod and headed up the trail. When I got there it was beautiful. I stood on a cliff edge, facing a wall that went straight up and straight down. With a knarly tree right across from me.

I set up my sticks, unpacked the camera and came up with the best composition I could on the 8x10 ground glass. Then I took one frame. Packed up the gear and headed to the car.

Sometimes one good frame is all you need.

The silver print is 16x20 matted and framed for $600.

Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment