Sunday, March 3, 2013

I dragged the large format camera out for a few shots


When I was shooting my documentary about Hamilton last week I used this house as a backdrop for a couple portraits of Arland who had lived in the house. The place is waiting for permits to be torn down so I thought I would head over with my 4x10/5x7 camera and take a few shots of the building before it came down.


While I was shooting Mitch, who I've met before at the New Hope Bike Co-op, walked by and told me a few stories about the old place.


This is the one I shot of Mitch with the 4x10. My enlarger doesn't work with multigrade paper, so I made Mitch a print on some Ilford Galerie I have in the studio.


When I was at the Bike Co-op later in the day, Mitch was there again chatting with Sid.



This is a shot of Hamilton I drive by every time I'm shooting my documentary.

-Rob Skeoch

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters in Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College.

Peter Turnley is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton.

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com
My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment