Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Documentary on Hope


I was back shooting at the Hasty Mart. 

Often when I'm working on this documentary I text a friend to drop over and maybe bring over a coffee since once I'm setup, I usually stay for a bit.

When I sent the text I sent along the street corner so he could find me.

I was at the corner of Kenilworth and Hope.

Wow, Hope Street, I found this interesting, because if there's one thing I find throughout this area, it's hope.

Ricardo's only been living in Canada for a year. He's made a few friends in the area, but still misses his Jamaican homeland.

He had time for a photo and a smoke, and brought his own hope.

-Rob Skeoch



Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Master of Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

Cig Harvey is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment