Monday, February 4, 2013

Hamilton's used bike shop


I met Andrew at a used bike shop that he works at in Hamilton, Ontario.  He takes in used, donated bikes, and fixes them up and sells them. They don't buy any bikes, only get them from donations so he doesn't feel he's getting a lot of stolen items. This time of the year he's building up a supply of fixed up ready-to-roll bikes and expects to be sold out once the nice weather hits.

The store is in the gritty part of town and he lives nearby in a building that's waiting for permits so it can be torn down and built into something nice.

I hope to return this week and shoot a bit more in his world.







-Rob Skeoch

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Masters in Fine Art Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College.
Peter Turnley is my current one-on-one mentor for this semester and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton.
These shots were all taken with the Leica M9, you can buy one here.

No comments:

Post a Comment