Monday, December 19, 2011

Special Effects with the Sony A65


Toy Camera Setting
Normal setting.

The subject was somewhat cooperative as I tried a shot straight and the same shot using the "Toy Camera" setting in the Special Effects feature on the Sony A65.

I like this setting the best since it darkens the corners and keeps the centre bright, just like I always printed in the darkroom.

Rob Skeoch

My retail store for traditional photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com
My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rob,
    Nice shots! When you had the a77 to check out, did you by any chance get to use it doing portraits using studio lighting? I am concerned about the EVF darkening down when using my Bowens lights. Apparently the a55 had that problem, and I was wondering if SONY had fixed that with the a77. Thanks, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they have corrected it,
    Go to LIVE VIEW DISPLAY
    -SETTING EFFECT OFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rob, much appreciated. I'll check that out when I finally get to see one. I'm a little leary about the EVF, but will keep an open mind. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first image from top, is that straight out of a the camera, no editing applied outside camera? I it came out really lovely.

    ReplyDelete