Monday, September 12, 2011

Sony A77 in the burst mode

I was wrong.

In the burst mode on the Sony A77 you can shoot RAW and jpegs. I shot 12 frames in RAW and jpeg before the camera stuttered.

In the burst mode you can adjust the aperture... not in the continuous focus mode, but once you switch to single focus, you can adjust the aperture since the focus is locked at the first frame.

With the 70-400G lens the camera shoots wide open in the burst mode. This is f4-f5.6. However with a faster lens it will shoot at f3.5. So with a 85mm f1.4, it's not wide open but f3.5.

Sorry for any confusion my mistake might have caused.

Rob Skeoch
My retail store for traditional photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com
My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment