Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Moving stuff out to lighten my life

It was just over a month ago that the mist and fog cleared and I had a clear direction to take my photography for the next couple years. A lot of things have happened in the last few weeks.

With my new direction decided, I cleared out a lot of gear that I wasn't going to need as I lightened my bag and simplified what I plan to use.

I sold over 30 items on ebay, including my entire Pentax 645 kit, one of my rangefinder bodies, my Ebony SV810 8x10 camera and a bunch of cords, weird filters and accessories for cameras long gone. I had parts, filters and cords to fit the Pentax 645, the Rollei GX, and the Hasselblad system... I sold the cameras years ago.

The strangest photography item I sold was the drop in filter for a Canon 300mm F2.8. I got rid of the lens long ago. Where does this stuff hide?

The weirdest thing overall was an invitation to the Hockey Hall of Fame dinner when Bobby Orr and Henri Richard were inducted and I had signed by the players. I also found an old fishing reel in a box and sold it for more than I paid for it 35 years ago. (It didn't catch much anyways)

I'm leaner and lighter now and liking it.

Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment