Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's time to raise the bar




You can't go t the Louvre and not get inspired. Some of the greatest artwork in man's history hangs on the walls. Even the building is a work of art.



When you go there and see what others have done, it raises the bar on what is acceptable and what to expect from your own work. Not that we can all do work like Leonardo da Vinci, but it still raises the bar for each of us.


I was only able to get the photo of the crowd in front of the Mona Lisa because I had LiveView on the Sony A550. It allowed me to tilt the screen straight down and hold the camera as high over my head as I could.


Downtown Paris is home to the Grand Format Camera store. This is one of the great Large Format Stores in the world and I enjoyed taking a look at camera models that I'd only seen in photos. It's worth a stop if you're in town and is 5 metres from the subway.


Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment