Sunday, January 10, 2010

The glow of fresh snow

The beautiful glow of the sun on fresh snow. We've all seen these masterpieces by the great landscape photographers.

Well my photos don't have the glow and I'm going to do something about it.

I shot a series of processing tests today so I could determine the exact exposure/processing combination I need to get outstanding landscape shots with snow. I'm not big on shooting tests since I consider myself more a photographer than a tester, but it was necessary and today was the day.

This shot was processed for nine minutes but has way to much contrast. I'll try the second frame at 7 minutes in ID-11 mixed 1:1 in a rotary drum.

How have your techniques improved since starting the challenge.

Rob Skeoch
www.thepicturedesk.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment